Sunday, January 22, 2012

Craving Something Besides Food

Ice cream eaten this weekend: NONE

Today hasn't been that exciting. I swam 30 minutes today and of course had to share a lane. For the first half I was with a normal swimmer and the second half another olympic swimmer. There wasn't anything peaceful about it, I was just trying not to drown from all the waves in the pool (it was busy!!). Nothing inspiring went through my head, unless you include trying to remember how to breathe. Today I did ok on my eating. I didn't over eat (is it overeat or over eat?) I probably should have had one Bud Light tonight  instead of 3 but I'm not too worried about it. I didn't do any impulse eating, I even skipped all the yummy deserts at church, thanks to Eric for being my support.

Today for the first time I felt like I was craving that "runners high". Eric ran the 5 mile course and came back all positive and it was of course easy for him and he hasn't run in 2 weeks. Yes, somehow he can just step outside and run oh 5 or 10 miles whatever he wants. He's very athletic that way. I've never seen him not do well at a sport.

Anyways, I was craving the positive energy. Not that I was feeling negative but I just can't get out of my mind that feeling of how I felt after my 5 mile run. Yes I said it, I was craving something besides food. Uh oh, what is going on?? I am craving RUNNING!!!

So, I went to the Y and went swimming. Today was a cross training day.

I am sooo excited that today on weigh in I was 171 pounds!!! Hopefully I will get below 170 this week.

I allowed myself to share a slice of pizza with Kate at Whole Foods tonight for my dinner. Their slices are really big so cutting it in half gave us each a normal slice. It's been awhile since I've eaten pizza. It felt good to be able to eat it in moderation. Normally I would have eaten 2 or 3 slices plus something else for dinner. Moderation is the key.

Well moderation and everytime that I want to lose self-control or a negative comment comes in my mind, I pray for strength from God who is the only one that can give me that strength. I'm trying to turn to Him instead of to food.

1 comment: