Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Honeymoon is OVER

Ice cream eaten today: NONE
Ice cream eaten yesterday: 4 bites :)

I started my day yesterday with  a 4.14 mile run. The first two miles I ran without listening to music and it was nice to just take in my surroundings and enjoy the cold air. At mile two I turned on the music and it pumped me up for my next two miles. I finished in 50 minutes.

I came home and made Kate's b-day cake from scratch, so of course I HAD to have a piece at the party. I felt good though, I ate half of a piece with about 4-5 bites of ice cream on the side. It was sooo good. It unfortunately reminded me of how much I loooove sweets. It is amazing how just eating a small serving of something you would normally eat 3 or 4 helpings of  gives you a sense of a accomplishment. I felt like this past week I did very well. I didn't completely give up sweets (that's just not realistic) but I am learning how to eat them every once in a while and eat a small portion. Luckily all the ice cream was eaten at the party so I didn't have the temptation in the house.

Today I went to the gym and lifted weights. I also did 15 min. on the bike and 15 min. on the elliptical. I did NOT want to go to the gym today. I almost talked myself in to having another rest day :) I think just getting in the habit of going helps.

So you know how when you start something you are really excited??  Well I think the honeymoon period is over, today I wasn't too excited about eating healthy and working out. Although, I did stick with it, I'm not happy about it.

I just really want to eat a few bags of chips, a gallon of Breyers butter pecan, Chili's chips and salsa, and anything else that has a lot of sugar in it and isn't good for me.

2 comments:

  1. Treat yourself once in a while, like you did yesterday! Enjoy it! You can do it and keep up the work...

    ReplyDelete