Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I Have to be Honest

Ice cream eaten today: ONE

I wish I didn't have to be honest. But I do. I did it. I impulsively ate ice cream today. Yep, I went back to Cold Stone today. They still didn't have yogurt. I wasn't looking for yogurt though. I wanted the good stuff. Ice cream. How do I feel about it? I actually feel fine. I ordered a kid sized butter pecan (I need therapy for butter pecan) and yes I got the little cone this time. Oh well, I'm not going to completely break my phone like my CC told me. I had a moment of weakness but I'm not going to let it get to me. I ran 2 miles today and for the rest of the day I did very well with my impulse eating. I guess I'm just scared that it will become a pattern. First its a cone then its a half gallon then a gallon. Then who knows from there. Ok, I'm taking this too far.

I actually feel ok about the fact that I had a kid-sized ice cream cone today. Normally I would feel guilty but not this time. Although it was out of impulse, at least I didn't get the waffle cone with triple scoops. I can't keep going back to "at least I didn't do this". That is just an excuse to let myself slowly get back in to overeating. Ok, so I guess I don't feel ok about it. I feel like I lost a battle.

It is really hard. Food is everywhere. And for some reason it calls my name. Eat me. Eat me. Eat more of me. This stinks.

4 comments:

  1. It's ok ginnie! You are aware of your weakness and yes, sometimes, it will get the better of you. You can treat yourself sometimes, just have a lighter lunch or supper if that will make you feel better about it. Get up and start over tomorrow!! Love u...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginnie, it was a kid sized cone!
    You deserve to have things you enjoy... in moderation! Just don't overdo it. Enjoy every bite and be happy that you control when you stop! Baby steps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's OK to enjoy some now and then! I have never had success by completely cutting myself off. It just makes you want it more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I know it was just a small cone but I think I was more upset that it was an impulse eat. I'm over it now though, I am thinking of the positive, at least I got a kids size. Thank you for the support!

    ReplyDelete