Monday, January 23, 2012

Tired

No time today to even think about ice cream!!

Today was the first day back to school with kids (I had teacher workdays last week). I am tired.

Today was supposed to be my weightlifting/stretch day. I planned on getting up at 5:00 am and going to the Y before work. I woke up at 5:45 but still went. On my way there I remembered that tomorrow after school I couldn't run my 3 miles on the treadmill that I was supposed to do. I have somewhere I have to be at 5:30. So, what did I do?? Coach Cori you will be proud!!! I didn't use it as an excuse, I ran my 3 miles this morning instead of stretching and weights. I can do those at my house if needed tomorrow. I am very proud of myself for not taking the easy route this morning. I could have allowed myself to stretch this morning and then tomorrow I wouldn't be able to do anything due to other things.

I'm glad that I am starting to see again how important exercise is in my daily routine.

3 comments:

  1. THAT is what I'm talking about. I am beyond proud D! Can't wait to run with you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like a slacker. I've still only been doing a mile and a half. I can't seem to push past it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cori who is my running coach gave me the idea about playing with numbers while I'm running and that helps me some. Like if I'm on the treadmill I will do one pace for 2 min. and then another one for another 2 min. Running for awhile without music and then turning it on helps me. I've also tried just adding a little each time. You can do it!! Also, I wish after just having a baby I would have started as soon as you are. You are doing great!!

      Delete