Thursday, July 12, 2012

Salt

Today was my third day this week that I ran. It is very hard to stop at 2.5 miles when your body is telling you to do more. I am determined to not get hurt as I begin to run again. I was nervous that running would be difficult for me. I thought that maybe I would have to start all the way from the beginning.

I was wrong. I blew through my runs. They were easy. My physical therapist told me to start slow. He gave me a back to running schedule, which I had to change because there was no way that I was going to start that slow.

I am going to listen a little bit and take it easy. I really wanted to keep going today but I didn't. It feels so good to run. No other exercise compares to it.

I thought I was doomed last night. For some reason we ran out of salt in our house. We've never run out of salt, ever. I don't think growing up we ever ran out of salt either. It is just something you don't run out of.

We thought about asking our neighbors for salt. We just couldn't bring ourselves to do it.

Eric and I were renting a movie last night and we wanted popcorn. Who eats popcorn without salt? Nobody.

I said I would go get it. He had worked all day and I was off. I played back in forth in my head if I should make a quick hidden trip to get some ice cream. I decided no. As I was walking out the door Eric asked if I would pick up some ice cream from the store and some coke.

Really?? I am going to the store to buy ice cream, salt, and coke. I mine as well throw in a case of beer and a few bottles of wine and paint Gluttony on my forehead.

Of course they had Breyers buy one get one free so I had to go along with the special. Butter Pecan was calling my name. I bought some bananas too, I didn't want to have a heart attack just carrying all that junk food to the car.

It has been a few days since I've had ice cream so I felt ok with eating some of it last night.

3 comments:

  1. This is what I yell at John for! I can't have that stuff in the house. Ice cream is evil! We don't use salt though...like ever. Is that weird?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not weird...you must be our kid, Chrissy!! We never salt anything. I use in recipes. NOW, ice cream we have to HAVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We actually don't use salt for a lot, which is why it is weird that we ran out!! We use it for popcorn and maybe on scrambled eggs and a little here and there. We aren't those people that just shake salt on every meal though!!! We've just always had it though. Ice cream is EVIL!!!!

    ReplyDelete