Monday, July 9, 2012

Running and Crack

 

On Saturday I ran for the first time in about a month or so. Since I've been hurt I've been fiending for running like a crack addict outside of Dollar Tree.

I've never tried crack but I can relate to depending on something and then having to quit and wanting it back. Although I am sure that it is more difficult to give up crack compared to running. Although I will say that running alters my mind, so maybe it is just as hard.

It felt so good. I've missed it. I wanted to run forever but I didn't push myself because I was scared I would get hurt again. I get released from physical therapy this week. I am sad to go because it really does make for some entertainment. I will miss the really weird intern and listening in on everyone's conversations. I will have to go hang out at the mall or something and stalk people.

I ran on the treadmill (which sucks but it is better then not running at all) I walked uphill for half a mile and then I ran 1.5 miles. It was amazing. I feel so alive when I run, like I am lost in my own world. Nobody else is around me and I think of nothing. I wanted to keep going, but I didn't.

Tomorrow I have another date with the treadmill. I can't wait. I am imagining the day that I will run outside again.

I have done really well eating the past 3 days. There has been ice cream in our freezer for at least 5 days, I can't believe it.

I am determined to get over this fatness. I hate it. I love how I feel when I am healthy.

I am ready to sign up for another half-marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment