Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Physical Therapist needs to up the Massage Time

I really miss running. I just don't feel the same when I do something different. Not that I've tried, but I know.

I think everyone has an addiction. Some drugs, cigarettes, alcohol, work, TV, facebook, exercise, and of course food. Some of us might have two addictions. It would really work best for me if mine was exercise. There are times in my life when it has been. How do I get back to being an exercise addict?

 I've been to the PT twice and I can't wait until I can run again. I pay $60 bucks to have him use a scraper on my heal, show me some stretches, and apply heat to my ankle. Oh and yes I get a small calf massage. I'm thinking about asking him to up the leg massage part. I mean really, $60. There is a lot I could do with that money. I am pretty sure I could get a full body massage for that price. Also, the scraper looks like a cooking utensil I could buy in the $1 section of Target.

 Don't get me wrong he is great, but add on a few extra massage minutes please. Or at least give out free alcohol while your scraping the ?!7@ out of my Achilles. I'm also under the assumption that I am the only female who goes to physical therapy. Maybe it is a men's only club and they needed someone to laugh at. Today i was the only person above the age of 21 in there and the only person that weighed more than 120, besides the PT.

While I was laying on the table with heat on my foot I started imagining what all the youngsters were thinking. First of all, they probably thought I hurt myself walking to the frig or getting up from the couch. Second of all they probably thought that it was strange that the intern was standing over me with a timer when I was doing my stretches. Yes, there was an intern, and he for some reason thought I needed a timer for 30 seconds when stretching. Am I that old now that I can't count to 30?

Was there not something else he could do besides Hit the timer. And, he messed up. He kept starting the timer too late. When I was given a new stretch that was 15 seconds 3 times he asked if I wanted him to keep time. Ummmm...no I am pretty sure I can count to 15. I politely said no.

Thank goodness because this was an awkward hip stretch that I was laying on my side and having to put my legs in a triangle and pretty much open my legs. Is there not an, "I've had two kids room, can I do this in private because I am 30 pounds over weight room?" Guess not. I can't wait to go back on Monday and get my mini massage.

Anyways, I am getting up tomorrow at 4:30 to go swimming. If you see me tomorrow please tell me I am fat and maybe just maybe I will become an exercise addict again.

No comments:

Post a Comment