Thursday, February 23, 2012

Not Enough Time, Lent, and I Was Attacked by a McFlurry

I'm tired of making salads. I need to really add some healthy variety or else I will go crazy. I wish I had a magical fairy that would just prepare me a healthy lunch and dinner each night. As a working mother it is difficult after returning home from soccer practice or any other activity around 6:30 to put together a great healthy meal.

I know there are lots of crock pot recipes, but we don't eat a whole lot of meat and it takes time to read the recipes get the ingredients and put it all together. I really don't have a lot of time.

A night without sports:
5:30 get home from work
6:00 eat
6:30 clean up
7:00-kids read
7:30 kids get ready for bed
8:00 kids go to bed.
8:00-9:30 or later:  do work, check Facebook, maybe watch a show if it is Wed. night

I don't know how people with a lot of kids do it. Of course all that is with Eric's help if it isn't a night he is working. Tonight I didn't get home from work until 7. Of course I met with my CC after school and we ran 4 miles and she gave me some great technique strategies. Then I needed to get some work done in my classroom. So then I didn't get home until after dinner.

I do want to say that I am VERY thankful that I have a husband that cooks, cleans, ok...so I guess I don't do a lot. Even though he does a lot of the housework it is still hard to manage everything!!!

Unfortunately I have to report that I stopped by McDonald's and bought an Oreo McFlurry and man it tasted sooo good. I did this after I spent 30 minutes talking to my Coach Cori's ear off about how mentally strong I've felt lately with eating. I went to Chili's the other night and we only ate one basket of chips. Anyone that knows me knows that if I was stranded on an island I would want Chili's chips and salsa. So this is good for me. I also only ate the soup and salad.

So why did I stop? Because I love ice cream.

I'm not Catholic but I've always participated in Lent for some reason. Well not always, just for the past few years. I like the idea of giving something up and trying to focus on God instead.

Yesterday was supposed to be my first day giving up alcohol. Well, that idea went south of the border. I had a glass of wine last night. So then I thought maybe I should start doing something different each day to help other people instead of giving something up.

And guess what? I forgot to help someone today. Apparently I'm not good at Lent.

So, this has been a mixture of me complaining.

Positives to throw off all my complaining:
1. Kate went to the doctor on Monday and the rest of her blood work came back. Her doctor doesn't think she has Rheumatic Fever. She is as of tomorrow off all the meds and we are just kind of waiting to see if anything else pops up.

2. Reece had his first soccer practice last night and he is still really good
3. Eric is helping coach Reece's baseball team
4. Negative: Reece is playing soccer and baseball, and like the Fall he will have to sometimes choose between his soccer game and baseball game: He always picks baseball.
5. Kate loves reading.
6. Eric is making more bread. (I guess in my case this could be a positive and negative)

1 comment:

  1. LOL! You crack me up! I am very lucky too that my husband helps soooo much. He cooks dinner every night, it's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete