Sunday, February 12, 2012

I Love Running!

I thought that I would be writing about me throwing up on my run today. I ate pizza 2 hours before my run and let me tell you that halfway through running my "long run" I thought I was going to puke. You know what I thought to myself, well this would make a good blog post :).
I made it without throwing up the pizza and the run was amazing.

It was a different run. I didn't want to run today, I got home from a birthday party and my stomach hurt a little and I was feeling tired (probably from the M&Ms I ate at the party, I was coming down from a sugar high).

I made myself get my shoes on and go out the door. I knew how good I would feel afterwards.

The first 3 or so miles it felt like I was running but not really. I felt like I was there but not there. It was weird. My legs felt good, I wasn't bored, I was breathing great, my mind was clear. So clear that at one point I felt like I was running and the whole world around me had stopped.

I was supposed to do 5 miles today but for some reason when I came to the road that I was supposed to turn right on and it would take me home for the last mile, I laughed out loud and kept going straight to where I knew it would add on another mile.

So on a day when all I wanted to do was lay on the couch I put my shoes on, stepped out the door,  and somehow my shoes took me where I needed to go. I felt like Dorothy. Really, I felt like Dorothy.

It amazes me how different every run is. I'm feeling good. I've been working out 6 weeks now, I've lost 10 pounds, and I am really excited!!

2 comments:

  1. That is amazing!! What makes me not want to run is the "gearing up" process. You know, special bra, special socks,headband, armband,etc, etc. Takes forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I can't stand getting ready to run. I think that is the hardest part for me, although taking that first step out the door is pretty hard for me too!

    ReplyDelete