Saturday, February 18, 2012

Bud Light and Running Don't Mix Very Well

My advice is to not drink and then run.

Why?
1. You will think you are faster then you really are and run your first 2 miles really fast
2. You will want to throw up
3. The last 2 miles you will have to go to the bathroom, really bad
4. If you throw up you won't know if it is from drinking or running
5. You will feel sick
6. You will feel sick

I only drank 2 Bud Lights but I was wishing that it was O Bud Lights. The last three miles weren't bad besides the fact that I had to go to the bathroom. The first two were a little rough, I really thought I was going to be sick.

Once the sickness wore off my run turned in to a very peaceful evening. The weather was perfect and it reminded me of evening soccer games for some reason. The air was a little crisp and there was a clean smell.

I really didn't want to run today. I spent most of the day feeling kind of depressed and I turned to food. I didn't go overboard or anything but I was definitely doing some emotional eating. I decided to do some cleaning to take my mind of some things. It worked. I kept on finding things to do so I wouldn't go running.

It is weird because I felt like I hadn't run in forever, although I ran on Tuesday. I'm not use to 3 days off! Yesterday I felt like I really missed running but today I was trying to put it off for another day.

I'm so glad I went. I ran 6.8 miles. Running tonight gave me such a calming feeling. I listened to my Coach Cori and really tried to take in the beauty around me and somehow my mind went blank from all my worries. I was taken back by God's beautiful Creation.

Running is very therapeutic for me.

1 comment:

  1. 6.8 MILES!!! THAT'S INSANE!! I am SO impressed! I barely made it 3.1 the other day and nnow I'm so sore I can hardly walk! LOL

    ReplyDelete