Monday, February 6, 2012

I Finally Got My Ice Cream

Wow, what a week. Reece has been sick and we went out of town for 3 days to see Eric's parents before they move to New Jersey. It has been busy. It is hard to find time to focus on being healthy when everything seems busy.

I can't believe it has been a week since I posted on here. I guess it is hard to write after such a wonderful experience at Backyard Burgers.

Well...I made it to 169 this week at my weigh in. I am really excited but I haven't had time to really even think about being proud of myself.

Yesterday on the way home from South Carolina I stopped to get the kids something to eat at a drive thru :(  I decided that I would get a small vanilla ice cream cone, it had been a while and I felt ok getting one. Well guess what?? Their darn ice cream machine was broken. Oh my kids thought that was funny.

The kids fell asleep on the way home and I thought I could sneak to Wendy's to get a large frosty without waking them up. I pull up to the drive thru and Reece wakes up and says "Mommy don't do it" It was really funny. Then Eric calls right after Reece tells me not to do it. I figured God was trying to tell me something so I just told the lady never mind about my order. At least this time I didn't order and drive off. I just cancelled.

Oh but don't you worry. I went to Chic-fil-a tonight and their ice cream machine was NOT broken and Reece and Eric were in the car with me, so no interruptions from them.

...a week later from Backyard Burgers I finally ate my ice cream. I guess that isn't too bad.

I've still been running. Eric and I enjoyed a ping pong run together on Friday. Ping pong because we ran in a neighborhood and it felt like we were ping pong balls going up and down every street.

This past week I wasn't too excited about eating healthy. It just wasn't exciting. Maybe I need to switch up what my healthy meals are. I might be getting tired of eating a salad for lunch every day. I need to mix it up some.

3 comments:

  1. http://recipes.kaboose.com/lunch-recipes.html

    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/healthy_lunch_recipes

    http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/cheap-and-healthy-brown-bag-lunch-ideas-for-grownups

    http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/quick-recipes/lunch/

    Let me know if you find some good ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoed it, you've sure earned it! Great progress on the weight loss, and keeping your humor! Love reading your blog! -Lori E

    ReplyDelete