Thursday, March 1, 2012

"Mommy, you need help getting that thing on?"

Today I had to take back my sports bra because it didn't fit me well. I took it back to Fleet Feet in Raleigh, which we love.

So I'm in the dressing room and Kate is with me and the lady helping me find something large and strong enough to hold my girls up, hands me something that looks like it is a bullet proof jacket. Yes, it was that big and that sturdy. Of course I start laughing when she throws it over the door.

Kate looks at me and stands up on the bench and says " Mommy, you are going to need help getting that thing on, I can help you."

Then she hands me something that has at least 50 clasps in the front, it is a sports bra but it looks like one of those things ladies wore around their stomachs in the olden days.

So Kate looks at me and says, "I don't think I can help with that." I couldn't get it on.

I finally found something that I think will work. The experience in itself was funny. The lady was very helpful.

I really don't know where to start with my week. Lets just say you win some, you lose some.

Yes, it has been that kind of week.

I'm not sure if I should go through the long list of bad choices I've made or should I focus on the good things I did this week?

I ate a half-gallon of Heath Bar Breyers ice cream in 2 days
homemade bread with butter and honey on it almost every night
at least 30 small Reese cups in 2 days (Willner stop giving me them at specials, tell me no)
i was going to leave out the plain McDonald's biscuit I ate but i guess i should tell all

So this week has been an eat everything in sight week. I don't know why.

Luckily I am still running. I felt pretty weak this morning running, probably from all the sugar I've eaten.

This sucks. It is really hard to say no. I really love food. I just don't like impulse eating. I love ice cream. I love bread. I love Reese cups. It is just really hard for me to eat these items in moderation.

But I really love my own personal Reece cup and of course Kate too. If I keep overeating I will never get down to a healthy weight, which means if I'm not at a healthy weight I'm not doing everything I can to live a longer and healthier life for my children.

This just seems so hard sometimes.

1 comment: