Sunday, April 15, 2012

Stronger Than I Think

Ok, so we all know that I didn't do so well at the beginning of last week. What I did do is turn it around. I've been working hard these past couple of days and I am feeling proud.

Proud that in January I was running 3 miles and today I ran 10.74

Today wasn't just 10.74, it was the hardest run I've ever done. My CC took me on the craziest, hilliest, run that is known to man. The last half mile I really wanted to give up but I didn't. I was hurting. I am pretty sure that my CC told me two more blocks at least 3 times. At one point I'm not even sure if I was forming complete sentences. I ended up doing about a 10:40 minute mile which I am very proud of.

At the end of the run I thought I was going to throw up and pass out all at the same time. I think I told Cori that I felt like I was walking on space. Of course it never happened. I didn't throw up or pass out.

About 10 minutes after the run I felt great.

I've been thinking about that run all day today and how good it felt at the end (after I felt sick) and I can't wait for the half-marathon. I am excited to accomplish something that I've never done before.

I can't believe it is only 2 weeks away.

I am a lot stronger than I think.

It amazes me how we let our thoughts take over us and make us feel bad about ourselves. I say "we" because I am pretty sure that I'm not the only who lets their mind wonder to negative thoughts.

With me it is usually about body image that I have trouble (I'm sure you could have guessed that). In other areas in my life I feel very confident and spend very little time having negative thoughts.

When it comes to my body and what I think about what I look like I really struggle. I don't know why. I mean I don't think I'm ugly or anything. I've just never been confident in my looks. Growing up I've always had trouble with this.

This is probably something that I will always struggle with.

I am stronger than I think though. I've been through a lot in life, as I am sure most people have, and I consider myself somewhat normal.

Today I feel proud.

1 comment: