Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day Two in Nashville: Relaxing Before the Big Race

We made a bad mistake of going to the hotel buffet. It was gross but for some reason we still ate it. Not too much of it though.

On Friday we spent a good amount of the day walking around. We went to the Tennessee Titans stadium and walked around downtown.

We were excited about picking a restaurant for dinner. I knew I wanted to eat steak the night before the race. The best long run I ever had I ate steak the night before so I knew it would give me some extra confidence.

We asked around and decided to go to Demos'. This was one of the best steaks I've ever had. Of course CC sent me a text in the middle of dinner. I gladly reported to her that I was eating my "planned" meal. Steak and broccoli. 

We ate and then went back to the hotel and watched a movie. We loved our hotel. I think we could have stayed in it the whole time. People that get to stay in "fancy" hotels often might not know how it is for us less frequent flyers when we do get to go there. If you do get to say in hotels all the time make sure you think of us that don't and really enjoy it!!

We loved it. It was also very nice knowing that our kids were in good hands and we could really relax.

We put out our running items and went to bed. I was nervous but calm. It was weird. I felt really focused. I believe I set 4 alarms. I really didn't want to oversleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment